Prof. Dr. Engr. Ayub Nabi Khan
Vice Chancellor (Acting), BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology
About Dr. Khan
Prof. Dr. Engr. Ayub Nabi Khan currently holds the position of Vice Chancellor (Acting) of BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology. Dr. Khan obtained his bachelor degree in Textile Technology from the University of Dhaka. He obtained MSc and PhD degree in Textile Technology from the University of Manchester Institute of Science & Technology UMIST, Manchester, UK. under Commonwealth Scholarship and fellowship plan.
Prof. Khan became the first Pro Vice Chancellor of BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology (BUFT), Bangladesh on November 01, 2012. He has 28 years long service experience in teaching, research and industry. He rendered his service for more than 20 years in different universities of home and abroad. Before joining he was Principal of country’s first Public Private Partnership educational institute named National Institute of Textile Engineering & Research (NITER) an affiliated Institute of University of Dhaka run by Bangladesh Textile Mills Association. Under his able leadership this institute became a viable organization which was in a dilapidated condition for a long time. He was faculty member of department of textile engineering, at Southeast University, Primeasia University and Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (AUST). He worked as adjunct faculty member of mechanical engineering department of BUET, DUET, Manchester University, UK. He was research supervisor & external examiner of MSc & PhD students of different universities of home and abroad. He has been nominated as Syndicate member of the Bangladesh University of textiles (BUTex) by the Chancellor and His Excellency the Honourable President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
He is a specialist in syllabus and curriculum development at tertiary level education institutions. He has developed course curriculum and updated syllabus of textile engineering of public and private universities of Bangladesh like Primeasia University, Northsouth University, Southeast University, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Mawlana Bhasani Science & Technology University, Bangladesh University of Textiles (BUTex). Textile Expert of Ministry of Textiles & Jute, GOB; Public Service Commission, University Grant Commission.
Dr. Khan is a specialist in yarn manufacturing process, product process development and quality improvement, and bears sound knowledge on crisis management, productivity improvement, and has outstanding motivational capability.
Dr. Khan is currently lecturing on textile fibres, yarn manufacturing engineering, textile quality control, technical textiles, fabric manufacturing, and textile & garments compliance.
Dr. Khan has also long service career as managerial and CEO position in different textile organization like Bangladesh Textile Mills Corporation, BEXIMCO Group and J.K. Group. He was the 1st engineer of a group to produce ‘Lycra Core’ yarn, ‘Polyester Core’ yarn and ‘Slub’ yarn in Bangladesh. He also worked as technical consultant for different textile mills of the country. He worked as a National Expert (Spinning, Weaving), under EU/UNIDO funded project named Bangladesh Quality Support Programme (BQSP). Currently working as Project Coordinator of “CSR, SRHR and Innovative Leadership in the RMG sector in Bangladesh”, NICHE/BGD/199, Funded by NUFFIC, Netherland.
Prof. Khan is a life member of different professional & educational bodies like life registered graduate of the University of Dhaka; UMIST Alumni, University of Manchester, UK.; Institute of Textile Engineers & Technologists, Bangladesh. He is a life fellow of Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
Prof. Khan was awarded ‘Fellowship’ of The Textile Institute, International, UK in 2010. He is the Chairman of the Textile Institute, Bangladesh Section, Manchester, UK.
He received Ekushey Padak-2016 from Bangladesh Education Observers Society for his contribution in the field of Textile Education of Bangladesh.
Dr. Khan believes education comses fourth and has become a necessity for human beings after food, cloth and shelter in this competitive world. Education is able to provide solutions to all problems; it promotes good habits and awarness about corruption, terrorism, and other social issues among us. And when its comes to matter of university, it produces enlightened leaders who will think of what is good in terms of the country as a whole not just in terms of profits for themselves.
- Dr. Khan has more than 26 years of experience in the fields of teaching, education planning and management, industrial consultancy, project management, research, process, product & technology development.
- He is currently working as the Project Coordinator of CSR, SRHR and Innovative leadership in the RMG sector in Bangladesh, NICHE/BGD/199, Funded by NUFFIC, Netherlands.
- He is the National Expert (Spinning & Weaving) of Bangladesh Quality Support Programme under UNIDO Project for the human resource development of textile sector.
- He happened to be the Sr. Technical Consultant of Dynamic Textile Mills Limited, Valuka, Mymenshingh; an Adviser of Planet Textile Co. (Pvt.) Ltd.; Consultant of Multifab Ltd.; Consultant of Varosha Spinning Mills Ltd.; and Consultant of Abul Ula Spinning Mills Ltd.
- He is known to be the specialist in syllabus and curriculum development at tertiary level education institutions. He developed course curriculum and updated syllabus of Textile Engineering of public and private universities of Bangladesh like Primeasia University, Northsouth University, Southeast University, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Mawlana Bhasani Science & Technology University, Bangladesh University of Textiles (BUTex).
- He is regarded as the Textile Expert of Ministry of Textiles & Jute, GOB; Public Service Commission, University Grant Commission.
- Prof. Khan specializes in yarn manufacturing process, product and process development and quality improvement. He does bear sound knowledge on crisis management, productivity improvement and posses excelent motivational capability.
- Dr. Khan has been lecturing on Textile Fibres, Yarn Manufacturing Engineering, Textile Quality Control, Technical Textiles, Fabric Manufacturing and Textile & Garments Compliance.
- He works as an Academic Referee of Public , Private & Foreign Universities as well.
- Prof. Khan co-supervised to several PhD students of the University of Bolton of UK, Jahangir Nagar University of Bangladesh; worked as external examiner of PhD students of University Technology MARA of Malaysia; and also worked as external examiners of six PhD students of the Dept. of Physics of Jahangir Nagar University of Bangladesh.
- He supervises many industrial project works for undergraduate sudents of the department of Industrial and Production Engineering, and the department of Mechanical Engineering of BUET.
- Dr. Khan is a reviewer of several International Journals published in Bangladesh, Honkong, in the UK.
- Dr. Khan authorizes more than 30 research publications, published in recognized journals of home and abroad.
- He also authorizes one text book titled 'Principles of Short Staple Spinning' for undergraduate students.